Nowadays, you don’t need to be a web designer or developer to create a professional website. There are various tools that lets you create a fantastic website without the need of writing a single line of code
Perspective website owners had to choose between using traditional web hosting with a content management system such as WordPress or going with a website creation company such as SquareSpace or Wix. There are benefits to both methods and it can be a tough decision for some. However, InMotion Hosting has come up with a solution so now you can enjoy the benefits of a traditional web hosting plan, but still have the ability to quickly create your own professional WordPress website with their new product known as BoldGrid.
So what’s good about BoldGrid ?
- Step-by-step getting videos instruction
- Base installation with 5 predefined designs
- No need to know HTML or coding to edit the layout of your website
- Easily switch the design of your website
- Has ability to change the text coding of each page separately
- Staging plugin for staging new themes and pages before you go live
- Stunning responsive themes included
- Full live preview with a browser, tablet and mobile phone views
- Several preset and color schemes for each theme or you can customize your self
- WordPress based, which allows for easy transferring to any host
- Connected to Fotolia so you can purchase media for your site seamlessly
- Drag and drop editor to easily add and remove content and media
- Grid based which allows the user to make layout changes without worrying
- Easily customize forms with form layout GUI
Introduction to BoldGrid
Comparison with others
Comparison of BoldGrid with other website builders
- Powered by WordPress.
- Thousands of designs to go.
- You will have full ownership of your WordPress website and you can easily transfer it to anther platform.
- You can build from example content with each template.
- Easy to use drag-and-drop editor.
- Don’t require any coding knowledge.
- Developer and designers can use it to implement advanced sites.
Where and how can I start ?
Choose Domain and Hosting plan
The first step is you need a domain and web hosting for your future website. Choose a plan that suite you most below and it will be delivered immediately, No-Downtime Website Transfer.
Install BoldGrid to your WordPress website
As BoldGrid is powered by WordPress, so you should install WordPress first. If you had purchased InMotion Hosting and installed WordPress then follow these steps:
- Login to your InMotion Hosing Account.
- Click on Account Technical Details
- Copy the 7 digits number at the end of the URL.
- Open https://secure1.inmotionhosting.com/amp/boldgrid/download/cid/your_7_digits_number and make sure to replace the end of url with your 7 digits number from step 3.
- Now, you will see a page of BoldGrid Installation. Download the plugin and copy the connect key.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- Upload and activate the plugin. After activating the plugin, you will see a message about the connect key. Paste your connect key and submit.
Congratulations! You have BoldGrid on your site.
Now, start creating your site by clicking on inspirations. Please note that your customer ID and Connect key are unique so don’t let them used by anyone else.